Friday, October 26, 2007

It's Time to Admit...

I really hate oatmeal! Seriously. Can't. stand. it. Why is this so earth-shattering? Well, I've been eating oatmeal my whole life. Growing up, I really loved the instant maple & brown sugar flavored oatmeal. But recently, I've been buying the Kashi oatmeal that, while microwaveable, is not instant oatmeal. You have to microwave it to cook the oats--I've always just added hot water & let the oatmeal sit for a while until it got thick. I know that I must make the most terrible faces when I eat the Kashi oatmeal. Why? Well, it's not so much the flavor of the oatmeal--Kashi has some pretty good flavors. It's more of a texture issue. "Real" oatmeal has the consistency of boogers. Yeah. Sorry. But that's just what it reminds me of. And I don't know about you, but I have a real problem eating anything that reminds me of boogers. And that, quite frankly, encompasses a lot of my issues with foods on my "hate" list. So, while the "real" oatmeal I've been eating is good for me, I think I'm going to have to pass on it. For good. I'll get my oats somewhere else. Thanks.

1 comment:

JanaRae said...

Hmmmm . . . I like oatmeal, but could this be the reason I just cannot eat couscous?
:-)

By the way, thanks for the good thoughts. today was a good day. :-)