Saturday, October 20, 2007

From Boohoo to Whoohoo!

Tried to get to Discount Tire when it opened this morning, but the leak in the tire was bigger than anticipated. So getting the tire to hold air was a bit tricky. I finally got enough in it that I felt comfortable driving to Rockwall. By the time I got there, there was a long line & my tire was once again flat. I waited a lot longer than they said I'd have to...but it is Saturday and I was late getting there. As suspected, the tire couldn't be repaired b/c of the amount of time I'd driven on it while it was flat. Apparently, it's not uncommon for this to happen to rear tires. When they go flat, it's not as obvious as a front tire b/c there is no obvious pulling or wobbling. The typical flat tire sound isn't even obvious until you turn a corner, which is when I first noticed it. So long story short, I had to get a new tire. But thanks to the super duper warranty we purchased with the new set of tires, the cost of the new tire was 100% covered. Whoohoo! I did have to purchase a new warranty for the new replacement tire. But hey, I'll take $15 over $150 any day!

My little tire excursion took up most of the morning, especially once I tacked on a few additional stops on the way home. Hey, the dog has to eat...and so does Derek! So I'm just getting started on the regular weekend chores. Think I'll do all the laundry today & work on the house cleaning tomorrow while Derek's gone to the Cowboy game.

No comments: