Monday, October 22, 2007

Finally

Fall weather is here! We awoke this morning to the strongest cold front yet. Man, is it windy! But on the upside, the brisk fall weather has finally arrived. In fact, this morning's temp (59F) is today's high. So for the first time this fall, I wore a turtleneck to work. Whoohoo! I love this time of year. What I don't love about this time of year, however, is the junk that blows in with these kinds of fronts. My allergies are going haywire today. Can't have everything, I guess.

Had a very nice weekend. Friday, for the first time in weeks, I cooked dinner. Derek, of course, enjoyed that. It meant he didn't have to think too hard about what he could eat b/c I'm super conscious of his new diet...more so than he'd like me to be, I think. We had a terrific anniversary dinner Saturday night at our favorite Italian restaurant, Cosa Nostra. We once again had the fondue to start. Not exactly on Derek's new diet, but this was a special occasion, so I let him cheat. I had the salmon special for dinner this time. Derek stuck with the pork chops. Both were excellent. We were robbed of tiramisu once again, but the cappuccino cheesecake was d-lish! Yesterday was a lazy day. I worked on laundry and laid around. I really needed to clean, but I just couldn't get up the gumption. Dori & I played outside several times throughout the afternoon & then went for a walk at dusk. So I wasn't a total slug. And I did actually get in the practice room to work on the music for tonight's rehearsal.

Derek and the gang thoroughly enjoyed the Cowboys game yesterday, which turned out to be a 3 o'clock game instead of the original noon playing time. They stayed 'till the bitter end, which was a good call. The 'Boys were lookin' a little ragged there for a while but managed to pull the win in the end.

Everyone send some *happy thoughts* to my friend Jana this week. She's in a special one-year teaching program at the University of Memphis law school this year. This week, she begins interviewing for her next job. She's a bit stressed and certainly anxious about the whole process. She's a very talented young lady who should have no trouble finding a job. Nonetheless, interviewing is always stressful no matter your qualifications. So if you have a moment, say a little prayer for Jana.

It's official: my brother will be transferring from the Terrell office to the Rockwall office effective November 1st. He'll be running straight traffic in this office, so no more accident investigation or DOA stuff. County handles all of that. Rockwall office is smaller, so he should have more opportunity to advance & get more experience. We're all proud of him!

And happy birthday to my friends Kara & Heather and my cousin Scott! Guess we know what our parents were doing in January...

No comments: