Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Must Be Crazy

Well, I've done it. I've gone and double-booked myself...and it was completely voluntary. The first weekend of December, I will be a singing fool. And I LOVE IT! I am a charter member of the Northeast Texas Choral Society--the brain child of the lovely, talented, and absolutely delightful Ms. Carol Ruth Allen (whose also like a second mom to me). This year marks the 10th anniversary of NETCS...and my, how far this fabulous chorus has come! Needless to say, this entire year is intended to be a celebration of ten glorious years of choral music in a small town. Why am I telling you all of this? Well, Carol called me today about singing the solo in one of my all-time favorite Christmas pieces. After much careful pouring over my schedule, she & I decided that it's completely do-able. So not only will I be singing the piece she proffered, but I will also be singing the concert in its entirety on the evening performance and the first half of the matinee (to allow me time to make my call for the big Rutter piece I'll be soloing on at LHUMC). The first weekend of December will be a busy one for me. But what an exciting opportunity on all fronts!

1 comment:

sarahk said...

That's awesome!