Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Better Week

Well, this is certainly a better week than the last...thus far anyway. Test results from Dori's liver biopsy show that there is evidence of hepatitis--just as the vet suspected. (Because I haven't actually talked to the vet (i.e. this info is all through Derek), I can't really tell you more than that.) She begins some new meds today. (And she's still eating like a champ...whooppee!)

Did I mention that I cancelled the audition I had scheduled? Aside from all of the stress from Dori's illness, I realized that the show was going to run during some critical times for my church job. And since I'm paid at my church job & will have some solos in the big pieces we're doing there, I decided for those dings on the resume instead of the show. There will be lots of other theatre opportunities, but I don't know how often I'll get a chance to sing some of the choral pieces (with solos).

Aside from my church job, I have absolutely nothing going on musically/theatrically right now. But that's okay. I have some really big pieces to tackle for the next NATS & recital. Lots of ear torture for the neighbors. They've been missing out. I know they'll be glad to know that the evening concerts are back on.

Derek is having an awesome month at work. In fact, he's had back-to-back super sales months. He's more than halfway to his number, which is terrific considering his territory, and his growth is more than the required 20%. But I know he'll be a lot happier when some of those pending sales finally close. They're really close, which is more than he could say mid-summer. And if those sales do close before year-end, he should be super close to making his number for a second consecutive year (if not over). Either way, he's a super salesman and has so much to be proud of.

No comments: