Sunday, August 12, 2007

Did You Listen?

Mom and I enjoyed listening to Music of the Metroplex tonight. We streamed it live while finishing up our weekend scrappin' projects in the craft room. Harry Wooten gave a terrific interview about all things Irving Chorale, and the music selections were terrific. Kevin Sutton did fail to mention the soloists for the Rutter Mass of the Children and credit should be given where credit is due: Brad Horn is the fabulous bass/baritone soloist, and I am the soprano soloist. The "Wheels of a Dream" that closed the interview is not the version announced: they played the choral version but announced the duet version. (So if you all tuned in in hopes of hearing Brad Raymond & me, I'm afraid you were disappointed. But you can hear an excerpt of that performance on my professional website.) I am, however, the faint solo line you can hear at the very end of the piece they played. All in all, it was a terrific interview and very exciting for me as it's the first time my solo work has received radio airtime! Thanks to all who listened. I will post a link to the podcast in my sidebar as soon as it's available.

No comments: