Thursday, August 09, 2007

Did I Miss Something?

So last night, Derek and I met two of my theatre friends--Tyler & Parker--for dinner. Haven't seen these two kids since Christmas. Enjoyed dinner at Taco Diner at the Shops at Legacy in Plano. Had the yummiest fish tacos. Mmm, mmmm, tasty! And the conversation was nice too.

Anyway, I get home to two messages: one on my cell and one on the home phone. It's from my "boss" at LHUMC where I'm the paid soloist. "Where are you?" Wha? Where am I? Am I supposed to be somewhere? And then that sinking feeling sneaks in. Have I missed something? I am a faithful (almost neurotic) email checker. Hadn't gotten anything recently from her (well, other than checking on some things from last weekend). So I call her. Apparently, a mass group email went out welcoming everyone back to chancel choir last night. Whoops! I didn't get that message, so I had no idea that I was supposed to be somewhere. (I'm also a faithful checker of the junk mail folder b/c of the settings I've chosen for mail sorting--unless you're in my address book, you go to junk.) Anyway, no harm, no foul--just a good laugh. She thought I'd fallen off the planet or perhaps been lured elsewhere. No way! I'm perfectly happy with my job there. And then she tells me that they've elected to give me a raise, effective immediately, b/c they just can't bare the thought of losing me. I had no plans to look elsewhere for a paid church job, but it's nice to be appreciated in that way. So whoohoo, my side job pays more!

All in all, that was certainly a nice end to what started out as a crappy day. Dinner with friends & a raise. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

No comments: