Monday, July 02, 2007

Uneventful, yet busy, Weekend

Theoretically, I was going to end my week-long avoidance of household chores. But...I opted to turn that leaf on Monday. I mean, what fun is it to waste a perfectly good weekend doing chores? Friday night was so uneventful that I can't really remember what I did. I know I made dinner and then watched some tv, but I couldn't begin to tell you what I watched.

Derek picked Meeko up from the vet on Saturday. He's such a lovebug--he was a huge hit with the office staff. Just like when Dori comes for a visit, the vet's office is excited to see Meeko now too. He came through all procedures fine and spent most of the weekend napping. He seems to be in no pain and the laser procedures left no need for stitches. He's already back to normal--scratching things (though now without actually doing damage) and terrorizing the dog.

Saturday I went to a rehearsal, did a little shopping, and generally loafed. Derek and I went to a great restaurant for dinner--a little family-owned Italian joint that actually got its beginnings in my hometown. Wonderful family, fabulous food! If ever you're in Sulphur Springs, visit San Remo or in Rowlett, visit Cosa Nostra. You won't be sorry.

Sunday was a busy day. Two morning church services with a little break for a nap in between them and the evening July 4th celebration.

And that, folks, sums up my entire weekend. BO-RING...but terrific! This week I have to buckle down and do all things domestic...I'm having company!

No comments: