Monday, July 09, 2007

This Week's Agenda

Well, that was a pretty unproductive weekend--too much singing. I intended to do some scrapping, but that never happened. I did spend a lot of time in the scrap room, though. Working on cleaning off that hard drive since I got the new external one. My computer is already running faster. But somehow, I did manage to screw something up. Go figure! Derek is trying to fix it. Doesn't really affect how it runs, it's just that I can't remove anymore programs. We think I deleted some kind of essential file by mistake. Whoops. So much for efficiency! But I say that I shouldn't have the option to delete important files from the stupid add/remove programs window in XP, what do you think?!

We had a few days of sunshine. Boy, was it HOT! I know, I know. Shouldn't complain. We did see the sun after all. Naturally, it was cloudy and rainy all day yesterday. It came a right turd-floater right as church let out. And there's a chance of scattered, heavy showers all week. On the upside, I haven't had to water the lawn since May...and it's been cooler! So yippee for lower water/electric bills! Last year, those ate our lunch and then some.

Have lots to do this week. I'm not looking forward to my tax appraisal protest. Tonight I have to dig up old photos and take some new ones to show that we've made no improvements in the last year (make that the last four years) and to show that we have some major issues to deal with (drainage & the fence). I already know what they've valued neighboring properties, but I'm interested to see their justification. I mean, seriously, how can they justify a $13K jump in value in just one year????? I'll find out tomorrow when I go for an informal meeting (which I'm hoping helps me avoid the official protest scheduled for Friday). And I'm sure I'll have a story to tell.

Of course, there's the usual house stuff to take care of. I'm still working on the closet full of laundry. Slowly but surely I'm making progress. Then again, I haven't whole-heartedly attempted to get it all done either. I hate laundry! Have some scanning of photos to do for a friend, some cards to make for birthdays & illnesses & just general hellos, need to get the weeds sprayed assuming we aren't one of the places fortunate enough to get those scattered showers, and blah blah blah. Same ol' boring stuff.

No comments: