Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Will We Be Ready?

Just a little over a week before Secret Garden opens. We are now running the entire show at each rehearsal, but to say that it's still a rough draft, well, that's an understatement. There are still a few characters on-book. Yeah, I know. But they're close. Really. And there are still a few others who desperately need some vocal coaching aside from what they're getting at the theatre. Seriously. They have the potential to ruin the entire show. I keep thinking they'll improve, but, alas, no. If I consistently had that much trouble with pieces in a show, I would work my butt off outside of rehearsal to get them right. Then again, I generally don't have consistent pitch issues either. Are they deaf? Can't they hear how flat they are? Painful. Painful. But! We still have a week. And I'm praying that they finally nail those pieces. At the very least, I hope they nail them in performance. Because trust me. You won't remember how awesome everyone else is. You'll remember how dreadful they are!

4 comments:

sarahk said...

has anyone told them?

Susan said...

In a very nice way. Probably in such a way that they didn't really understand how much of a criticism it was. I think it's time to get blunt.

Heather said...

Susan, this made me laugh so hard because I know EXACTLY who you're talking about! Plus, I've been talking a lot to Gayla and she says the same thing. Oh well, you'll be fabulous, so what else matters? : )

Susan said...

Glad I could give you a laugh. I try not to be overly critical of castmates. But sometimes....well. So I was vague, but anyone assoc. knows who I'm talking about. =)

Everyone else is fabulous!