Monday, May 21, 2007

Nice Weekend

Although I couldn't cross everything off my weekend to-do list, all in all, I would say that I accomplished a lot. It was payday for Derek, so that meant it was time to do the monthly grocery shopping. I'm not quite finished; there are always a few things I can't get at Sam's or Wal-Mart. Don't you just hate having to do your grocery shopping at so many stores?

I was finally able to work in the yard on Saturday. I got the ants baited, the grass fed, some weeds pulled, the trees pruned, some new plants in pots, and a part of the sprinkler system fixed (all by myself, thank you). There is still much to be done--I haven't sprayed the weeds b/c it was too windy and there is still much weeding to be done in the back flowerbeds. But it was nice to get out and get a few things accomplished.

Derek had a great business trip to San Diego, and it's the last trip for about a month. He's glad to have some weekends at home for a change. I enjoyed a great visit with a friend on Saturday. She cooked me dinner in exchange for me helping her with some music she has to sing this week. Yesterday's studio recital was a success. Everyone sang beautifully, and it was well-attended by friends and family of several participants. I had a very short rehearsal for Secret Garden last night, which meant I was home really early and could finish up the laundry while catching up on a few shows on the DVR.

No comments: