Friday, May 11, 2007

Make Lemonade

Sometimes, things just have a way of working themselves out. The last few weeks I've been really working myself into a tizzy over learning two roles at once. I know I could do it, but I'm just a worrier--will I be able to do it...juggle the schedules, can I do it...keep two roles straight in my head, how do I do it...and have a life, blah, blah, blah. Last night, I had that weight lifted off my shoulders. I've been bumped to understudy for the role of Sarah in Guys and Dolls. While I could sit and stew and be a sour lemon about it, I ultimately decided to "look on the bright side of life," to borrow a song title from Spamalot, and make lemonade of the whole thing. Thanks to getting bumped, I will now have a lighter schedule and more quality time to devote to my role as Claire in The Secret Garden, not to mention be able to spend more time at home. In this situation, I think I'm the winner. Blessings are always the silver lining, aren't they?

No comments: