Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Enough Already!!!

Good grief, how many days in a row can it rain? Honestly, I've lost count. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but.... N. Texas has been in a severe drought, so it's not to say that we don't welcome the rain. The lakes are now back to normal levels (and some out of their banks), drought restrictions have been adjusted or lifted altogether, the grass is finally coming out of distress. But really, do we have to have rain every day for a month? Because that's what it's sure felt like. I don't know about you, but I need a little sunshine in my life! And have I mentioned my little patio flooding problem???

Anyway, enough about that. Had a wonderful holiday weekend. I have to say that it was so nice to have an entire weekend that wasn't interrupted by something at the theatre...not that I don't love the theatre and all. Our big boss sent us home early on Friday, so I had an early start to my holiday weekend, which meant I got the house vacuumed on Friday before Derek got home! And then we enjoyed a quiet evening doing absolutely nothing. Got up early Saturday to clean the kitchen--the fridge was disgusting. Then I hit the road to run errands--Home Depot, which had absolutely nothing I was looking for, for plants for the back patio (which the rain prevented me from planting); Wal-Mart hunting for more plants; Albertson's for stuff for the Sunday BBQ; Tom Thumb to drop off RXs; dropped stuff at home; and then went to PetsMart to get Dori beautiful ('tis that time of year to shed the winter coat). I left Derek home--slow to get out of bed. He had cleaned both bathrooms and run the dishwasher in the time that I was gone. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and just generally straightening, and I potted some of the plants that weren't supposed to go in the flowerbeds. Derek headed to the dump with a truckload of junk from the garage. We spent the evening christening Derek's birthday present--a new Weber grill (photos soon)--and hanging out with the neighbors. I hit the bed relatively early since I had to sing two services on Sunday.

Our Sunday BBQ in honor of Mother's Day was lovely--mom & dad and David & Olga came over. The ribs were great, though Derek would argue they were overcooked. Mom loved her garden-themed gift (shoot, forgot to take pictures of that) that served as the table centerpiece. We enjoyed visiting, as always. Mom & dad stayed over for a Monday of shopping. The boys went to Bass Pro, which opened just around the corner from us not too long ago. Mom & I hit the road to visit some yet-to-be-shopped scrapbook stores. We found quite a few things we couldn't live without. We then met Olga at La Madeleine in Rockwall. Took mom to Wal-Mart to get a new variety of lantana that I bought on Saturday (photos once I get it in the ground) that she really liked--the variety name is Susan (no, seriously). We had a few other things we were looking for anyway--mostly organization for our scrapbooking supplies. They headed back home with far more in the truck than they left home with. And Derek & I headed to the neighbor's for a little Memorial Day cookout.

All in all, a good time was had by all.

No comments: