Friday, April 20, 2007

TGIF

I realize I haven't been blogging much this week. Honestly, there isn't much to say. It's been a quiet week, and I've simply enjoyed the break. I've been catching up on laundry. There were literally mounds of it to do. I hope to finish over the weekend, but the weekend is already full of things to do so I don't hold out much hope for that. As usually happens when I do laundry, I'll likely end up leaving a load of laundry stranded in the dryer and suddenly realize that I have piles to do.

Tonight we're celebrating my neighbor's 30th birthday. We're cooking out and enjoying the lovely weather and the pleasure of each other's company. For her birthday, we are surprising her with her husband. Sounds odd, right? He lost his job about six months ago, and at the first of the year, he and a friend/former co-worker started a company in Baton Rouge. Since leaving to start the company, he has only been home once--just briefly during race weekend--but the two of them didn't get real quality time together. So...we're flying him in for this entire weekend. Somehow, we've all managed to keep this a secret for the last three weeks. It will be a terrific birthday present.

The remainder of the weekend is full of running here and there. I have an assortment of cards to make for a co-worker. The yardwork that I didn't get done last weekend still awaits me. And there's the general cleaning and all of that.

On a completely different note, I'll be getting a new voice teacher. My current voice teacher would like for me to study with one of her colleagues. She thinks there are areas in which I can grow and sometimes a fresh approach helps. I've been adjudicated at NATS by this particular colleague that she recommended, and his comments were constructive and very helpful. My first lesson is scheduled for Monday. I'm anxious to see what areas he begins to address and how this may grow my voice.

No comments: