Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring and Things

How many of you had a little incident with the "spring forward" time change? A few years ago, I bought a clock that automatically changes, so no more remembering...or so I thought. With the time change earlier this year, my "smart" clock wasn't up with the times apparently because there was no springing forward for me. And missing it couldn't have come at a more inopportune time. I was supposed to be at church at 8 a.m. yesterday morning to sing two solos. Well, I woke up at 8 a.m. Whoops, so I literally threw on what was clean & didn't need to be ironed and made like a bat and flew to church (thank the Lord the cops weren't out). Skidded in at 8:35 (service starts at 8:30) and managed to pull off both songs. Crisis averted...barely...and my cohorts got a good chuckle & breathed a sigh of relief that they didn't have to fill in for me.

With the time change is the real advent of spring. The grass is beginning to green, the weeds...I mean, flowers are blooming, the trees are budding, the songbirds are returning. Naturally, that means it's once again time to break out the pruning shears, lawnmower, fertilizer, and weed killer. And right behind that, the eye drops, nose spray, and high-powered allergy meds.

Ah....spring.

1 comment:

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Good job averting your crisis!
8 am service on DST Sunday should be illegal... :)

We *thought* spring was here in philly but the temperature dropped 30 degrees in 24 hours and we are in the middle of an ice storm!