Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Long Week

Another short week for me since Friday is a state holiday and yet again it feels longer than it should. Saturday's 40 mph winds blew in dust from Lubbock, along with God knows what else. And those of us who are unfortunate enough to suffer from allergies are now feeling the full effects. I've been so tired since Sunday; I swear I could sleep a full 24 hrs and still not feel rested. Yesterday I got the beginnings of what could have become a migraine that still lingers today. And I woke up with a very scratchy throat this morning, likely from all of the lovely stuff hanging out in my nasal cavity & subsequently down the hatch overnight.

This is another busy week of rehearsals too. Voice lessons are now weekly since I have the Rutter and NATS at the end of March. Wednesdays are church choir. Thursdays are Chorale. And Saturday marks the beginning of RCT rehearsals for the April show. If I stop and think about it long, it's almost overwhelming. And never ye mind that I haven't memorized the stuff for RCT yet. Thank God for that Friday holiday!

(Has anybody called the whahm-bu-lance yet? Because, yeah, I'm whining.)

This morning, Derek told me that his grandmother died during the night. She's been sick off & on since Christmas. And she's been in & out of the hospital, though I believe she's been in a nursing home for the last several weeks. Anyway, his dad had called last night and said they didn't expect her to live through the night. I'm not all that surprised by her passing. When we saw her at Christmas, she didn't look good. It was like she got up one day & forgot where she put her marbles. And physically, she had experienced a huge decline, as well. But it will be difficult for the husband she lives behind. He's suffering from advanced Alzheimer's & she was his lifeline to what little reality he still recognizes & chooses to live in.

No comments: