Saturday, February 17, 2007

Holiday Weekend

Yippee, a holiday weekend. Oh how I love those, particularly when I don't have much to do. Mom & I attended our first official scrapbooking class today. Ya see, I bought this fantabulous program last year that's supposed to be great for digital scrapbooking. I've spent the last year frustrated with the stupid thing. I mean, how hard can it be to figure out how to work the dang thing? Apparently, it's rocket science. Anyway, we went to an intro class for Adobe Photoshop Elements & I'm suddenly understanding why I wasn't getting anywhere. It's a complicated program...not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. We had a great time, learned a lot, and think we might do a little digital scrapbooking here & there. Don't know that we'll be official converters altogether. We do like our paper. Anyway, if you're looking for a great place to get in on the newest scrapbooking technique, check out Polka Dot Potato.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing various & asundery things, like cleaning. Yeah, I know, big surprise. Derek and I finally celebrated V-day, since he was in San Diego all week. Had a nice lunch at Mi Cocina in Plano. I do love me some Tex-Mex. Got all the grocery shopping done. Had a very productive voice lesson. Cooked dinner, big shocker. Mostly, the long weekend made me wonder why, again, I have a day job. Oh right, because I like to eat. But...one day...one day, we can eat with or without my paycheck. And then I can be an AR/OC housewife who sings.

No comments: