Sunday, January 14, 2007

Why Do I Always Have to Have a Story?

So, had the RCT audition yesterday. Sang one of my old standards simply b/c I was too lazy to spend the time on a new piece. Besides, these people hadn't heard me before, so an old standbye didn't really matter. They had an interesting set-up. Everyone in one room, do your thing, and wait for callback announcements. So I waited all afternoon and didn't hear my name. Maybe I was too legit, I decided. Plenty of other opportunities to sing elsewhere. Went home & made plans to just hang out today.

So, today, I'm working on taking down Christmas decorations in preparation for new furniture...and simply b/c it's time for all that to go back to its happy home. Mind you, when I do housework, very rarely do I bother to get up & get dressed. So in usual fashion, I'm working in my pjs. Took a break to watch last week's Grey's. Derek brings me my cell phone but he'd ultimately missed the call. I didn't recognize the number. Then a voicemail pops up. It's RCT calling to see where I am?!?! Huh. Next thing, the phone rings at home. So I actually get to talk to the girl at RCT. Told her I would have to get ready before I could head that way & it would be at least an hour before I could get there. Ultimately, I quickly shower & hit the road. They're in the middle of the dance audition. Head lady says, stand up there & watch. See how much you can pick up. Great. So I stand up & watch. Looks pretty simple. Ultimately, one of the dance instructors teaches me the first bit of the dance. I was surprised that I actually picked it up pretty quickly--in about 5 min. Got one run-through & then got to sing again. The lights go out. So I get to sing without accompaniment. Fun.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. Should get a results letter next week.

1 comment:

The Calvinator said...

Retroactively wishing you good luck.