Monday, January 15, 2007

Weather Delays

In a way, it's nice that today is a holiday & I didn't have to go to work. Regardless, we likely would have been closed due to the icy weather anyway. But it was nice not having to get up & then get the phone call midway through the morning get-ready routine to find that I didn't have to get up after all. Not sure whether we'll be delayed tomorrow. Haven't been out or seen the afternoon news to know how much has melted from the roadways. It was treacherous this morning, that's for certain, after an overnight coating of light rain.

But the weather has put a kink in quite a number of things I had planned today. My furniture is not being delivered (and I'm still awaiting the phone call to reschedule). I didn't get to have lunch & run around with mom. Can't get out & get the grocery shopping done. Had to cancel my voice lesson.

On the upside, I've been inside all day. So I've finally gotten all the Christmas decorations down & put away. Have a major portion of the laundry done. Got started on the vacuuming. Reorganized the drawers in the kitchen after my new organizers arrived this afternoon. Put on a pot of soup to share with the neighbors.

So all in all, a cold & icy day has been pretty productive.

No comments: