Friday, January 26, 2007

Making My Way

Whew, things are starting to pick up. That means fewer home-cooked meals for Derek without strategic planning. And it spells the end of weekday free time of any sizable measure. But all in all, I'm pleased with where it's all headed.

I'm officially the paid soprano section leader at Lake Highlands UMC. This was a difficult decision to make because it meant saying goodbye to my own church family, at least for an undetermined amount of time. However, I'm excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. And the director is excited about the new directions she can take her choir.

Unofficially, I'm one of the soprano soloists for the Irving Chorale's upcoming concert in which they will perform Rutter's Mass of the Children. This piece has never been performed in Dallas. And it combines both adult & children's choirs and soprano & baritone soloists. It's fab-u-lous! I hope you will all mark your calendars for March 24th to hear this stunning work!

I'm officially a member of Repertory Company Theatre for the 2007 season. This is very exciting as I am guaranteed at least one role, as well as singing chorus when needed. They have a terrific season lined up, and I'm excited about the roles I may be able to play.

There are some other things in the pipeline, like the possibility of playing Sarah in Guys and Dolls and one of the sisters in The Mikado. This will be a busy year, but I feel like I'm finally making my way, finding my place.

2 comments:

The Calvinator said...

Congrats on RCT. It looks like that might hinder your coming back to GSM. I hope there's a away to work both in.

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Hi Sus, Congrats on all the fabulous roles! I LOVE your new blog look!! I've been away from blogging for a little bit but am making my way back. I just took a turn through your professional website: wowie!!!!!!!!!!! It's smashing! I am so proud of you, my friend.