Friday, December 01, 2006

Survey says: BRRRRRRRR

Okay, the weathermen weren't kidding when they said it was going to get cold. Yesterday, it didn't get above freezing & it was windy as all get-out, meaning the windchill was in the teens. Today it's not any warmer & it's still breezy. For a girl who's perpetually cold even in the summer, it's like being in the tundra! But...(strike up the music) it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

It did precipitate yesterday as the forecasters predicted. In Rowlett, we mostly got a wintry mix of sleet, freezing drizzle, and snow. I stayed home yesterday--not because my office closed but because I was preparing for my evening event. Unfortunately, as the morning went on, the conditions in my area worsened and I made the difficult decision to call the people with whom I was booked to sing and cancelled my appearance. In the end, I think I made a good decision. The roadways were clear, but the bridges and overpasses were quite treacherous areawide by mid-afternoon.

So, I enjoyed a relatively quiet day at home with the dog, who is ecstatic that winter blew in and brought with it some white stuff. After quite the romp outside, she came in and took a long nap...curled up in her daddy's favorite chair in the gameroom. I did a little practicing and made a big pot of baked potato soup.


(Thinking mom's not looking, she crawled in & curled up for a long winter's nap.)




(Realizing she's been caught, Dori gives the "did I do something wrong" face.)

No comments: