Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas, one and all

To all of our friends and family we cannot see, a very Merry Christmas! We enjoyed a very busy weekend visiting with everyone. Saturday I drove to Sulphur Springs to see my mom's side of the family. Got to see my twin cousins whom I hadn't seen in at least eight months or so. They're now busy fifteen-month-olds and cute as buttons. Sunday was a marathon of church services and a day I hope never to repeat. Never again will I think singing five services is a good idea! I was both physically and vocally exhausted by the time I finished the fifth service. But all in all, the music was beautiful and I felt I contributed in some small way in making someone else's Christmas Eve extra special, and in the end, that's the most important. Today we got to see the parents. We had lunch with my family and an afternoon get-together with Derek's parents. In theory, tomorrow is a much-needed rest for the weary. But Derek will be working and I will be attending a funeral. So instead, we'll get an evening of much-needed vegetation in front of the "bube tube," as Granny calls it.

No comments: