Friday, November 03, 2006

Bits of Good News

I heard from my girlfriend Jen yesterday who called to tell me that she & Jacob came home from the NICU on Wednesday. Jacob is doing fabulously well, obviously, and is a very happy & healthy baby. The little scare they had last week turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. But his doctors are still requiring some follow-ups just to be on the safe side. Naturally, because he's a preemie, he has lots of doctor appointments over the next several weeks. But they're all routine. Thank you for all of your prayers for the Pike/Willingham family.

And I'm excited because my car is ready to be picked up from the dealer's body shop. So I'm due to sign paperwork tomorrow morning. I could have picked it up either yesterday or today, but there was just no way to fit it in the schedule. While it did take a little longer than anticipated, it still wasn't all that long to wait in the grand scheme of car repairs.

Otherwise, the weekend will be full of things I want to do. Have a trivia party to go to tonight, my car to pick up tomorrow, some light house cleaning to do. But otherwise, I plan to spend the weekend getting ready for our trip. Have some odds-n-ends to buy, like new shoes and easy-to-pack toiletries. Yeah for fun weekends!

No comments: