Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Heart My Insurance Company

Well, it's been a week since the little fender bender with the underage driver. So I figure it's about time for an update. I filed a claim with their insurance company, who had a hard time reaching the policy holder. Apparently, there was some kind of coverage issue to be discussed. After several days, they were finally able to speak to the couple about their son's accident and their coverage. Ultimately, my rep with their company told me to file on my uninsured motorist policy. While the claim had not been denied by them, he believed it ultimately would be. So I called my agent on Monday and subsequently my carrier. By yesterday morning, my company had prepared a full accident report, damage estimate, and repair estimate. And by yesterday afternoon, they had contacted my garage of choice, also one of their preferred shops, who called me to make arrangements to tow the car. Wow, talk about fast. So while the whole accident & having to file on my UID policy is a pain (since I'll have to pay a deductible & wait for who knows how many ions to recover it), I've been very impressed with the service I've received from The Hartford. I only hope the shop is as quick about repairing my car as my insurance company has been about getting everything in order!

No comments: