Wednesday, October 11, 2006

For the Girls

Today's song lyrics are for the girls. Both tunes are snappy & very catchy. Toe-tappers, ya might say. Carrie Underwood's song just cracks me up. The first time I heard it I thought, "wow, what girl hasn't wanted to do this to the guy who decided he'd play the field!" And it still makes me smile every single time I hear it. While The Wreckers' tune is catchy & the harmony tight, the heart of the story is a lot more sad. Put to a sappy melody line, it would certainly make ya cry. But the story's very familiar to any girl who's dated a guy who can't make up his mind just how much he likes you but doesn't want to let you go altogether. Havin' his cake & eatin' it, too, so to speak. Meanwhile, you're left to wonder at what point he's going to choose someone else & leave you to "pick up the pieces."

So, ladies, these are for you. Enjoy

No comments: