Monday, October 23, 2006

Ahhhh...

Finally...I have a much-anticipated break from the go-go that has been my life the last several months. All of my singing engagements have come to a close. I might have a random job here and there, but long commitments are done for the year. And honestly, I'm looking forward to the break.

Lots of other updates to give, so I'll do it this way:


Car stuff - my car is now in the shop. If all goes well, it should be home by the weekend. Yeah! My insurance company has been so fabulous. In the end, a clause in our collision policy allowed a waiver in deductible. So even though I'm without my car for a few weeks, we are not out any money. And the insurance company is left to fight the battle of cost recovery without us. Yeah!

Audition results - I got my official "you didn't get anything" notice from the opera this week. Honestly, I'm a lot more disappointed than I thought I would be. I felt confident there would be something for me this season, but obviously there was talent well beyond mine. So...it's on to another audition but not until January. I have much to keep me busy between now and then, though I'm not ready to tell you about it just yet.

Concert - Last night's Chorale was concert was fabulous and very well-attended. I'm anxious to hear the recording. Thanks to everyone who came to hear us. I think we did you all proud.

Anniversary - all in all, it was a very nice weekend. Derek and I enjoyed an evening in on Saturday. I cooked for the first time in a very long time. And we actually lit the candle on the table. With the two of us always on the go, romance has kinda gone too...no time, you see. But it was nice to be able to take a moment and not have any interruptions. And, as usual, he completely went against the gift-giving plan and went completely overboard. But he wouldn't be Derek if he didn't!

See you in the funny papers

No comments: