Friday, September 08, 2006

Slow Recovery

It's now been 48 hrs since surgery. I naively thought I would feel really good today--that yesterday would be the worst day. Wrong. The real pain from the surgery itself is being realized. Have I mentioned I have a low tolerance for pain? That's probably why we caught the appendicitis so early, but it doesn't make me a very good recovering patient. I'm thankful the doctor sent me home with a prescription for pain pills! This is going to be a much longer recovery process than I anticipated. I'm a lot more tired than I thought I would be. So I'm taking it one day at a time. I do plan to go for some part of rehearsal tomorrow. My mom is planning to go with me (she's also an RN). I hope to make it through at least half of the 5-hr rehearsal. It's a full orchestra rehearsal. But I'll simply go as long as it's comfortable. Thank you to everyone who's called, sent cards, sent flowers, sent food. Derek and I really appreciate it. I hope to see you all very soon. Meanwhile, I'll keep you up-to-date on the recovery process as I'm spending a lot of time with the laptop these days.

1 comment:

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Sus! I have been so busy that I've not made it by your blog for a while, but I've just been catching up on your posts. Honey, I am so glad you're ok!!!! I hope you take it really easy and rest and recover. I'm so glad you were able to get such immediate medical attention and that you were smart enough to realize what was happening. Wow. I just read your post to Mike and he said, "that was quite a day! 'By Sweetie, have a good day at work,' and 6 hours later you're in surgery!!" I'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

In other news, thanks for all the updates on Kara's baby. My mom had told me about that but I didn't know they had a blog. I'm keeping them in prayer, too.

Congrats on Sweeny Todd! I continue to be amazed and impressed with your musical accomplishments. :)

Rest up, my friend!