Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Road to Recovery

Had my post-op check-up yesterday. Incisions are healing well. Still dealing with post-op fatigue and lack of appetite, both of which are to be expected. Those should resolve in the next two to four weeks, according to Dr. Bell. I still have restrictions--no running, no lifting over 10 lbs. Otherwise, I am free to do whatever I feel like doing. Honestly, the fatigue is the most frustrating. I have about five to six hours of "good time" and then I have to take a nap. I am fortunate to work for a terrific group of people who have been so understanding during my recovery. I'll be working half-time as long as necessary. I go back for another post-op check-up in four weeks. I'm hoping everything has resolved by then. In the meantime, I'm significantly cutting back on activities in hopes that speeds recovery. I've really done too much over the last two weeks.

No comments: