Thursday, September 28, 2006

Involuntary Stop Along Roadside of Life

The question I get asked every day, "how do you feel?" While I appreciate everyone's concern, I'm getting kinda tired of answering the same question over and over again. It's been three weeks since the appendectomy. The pain is officially gone. If I get tired, I feel my side, but it doesn't hurt...if that makes any sense. I wouldn't even classify it as an ache. I just feel it, as simple as that. So...all in all, pain free. I wish I could say the same for the fatigue. While I have several more hours in me than I did even a week ago, I still cannot make it through an entire workday, church service, rehearsal, trip to the grocery store...blah, blah, blah. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm always on the go. So needless to say, the fatigue has put me on the sidelines of life...sniffing the pretty flowers that usually whiz by at mach 10. And I'm not used to seeing the flowers, much less smelling them. While I'm not necessarily complaining about what was likely a much-needed respite from a dizzying schedule, I'm not accustomed to being forced to take said respite. My rest periods are very different from the one of the last three weeks. I usually still have things to do & places to go about three days a week. And I don't require a nap every day. So...now that I'm going nowhere, taking naps every day, and avoiding anything that requires me to lift or handle 10 lbs of resistance...I'm a little anxious to have things back to normal, to feel like myself again, to be able to go an entire day without having to rest.

So...how do I feel? Restless. Simple as that.

No comments: