Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Another One Down

Last night's show was nothing short of breathtaking. Those of you who didn't come see Sweeney Todd really missed a rare treat! Some of the best talent in Dallas gave their best performances ever. The Meyerson was about three-quarters full and it was a night not soon to be forgotten.

Today, I'm home recovering. Adrenaline got me through the show. Surprisingly, I wasn't the least bit tired when the show finished. Today, on the other hand, I'm feeling the exhaustion that adrenaline kept at bay. I, however, do not regret doing the show. All of that work...hours of rehearsal...I was going to do the show if it killed me! Besides, my surgeon said I could. And I did.

Now...it's a laundry list of things to prepare for. I leave for Austin tomorrow. My baby brother graduates from the DPS trooper academy on Friday. Hard to believe six months has come and gone already, though I'm sure he would disagree. Next week, I have an audition for solos in the next Chorale concert. Lots of ear torture for everyone, I'm afraid. Next weekend, baby bro gets married & I have some music to learn. There's a reason he hired his sister to sing...and it's not so I can embarrass him!

No comments: