Sunday, August 27, 2006

Reflection

When life is a little overwhelming, as it is for me right now, I sometimes find it comforting and relaxing to reflect on those things that bring me joy and peace. Since I greatly need a little decompression, I'll share a portion of my list with you as I reflect on it.

I love...

  • the sound of the wind in the pine trees
  • the smell of rain before a storm
  • the crash of waves upon the shore
  • the colors of sunsets in the fall
  • the sight of the moon as it rises
  • the soft twinkle of stars on a clear night
  • the pitter-patter of rain on a tin roof
  • to sit and watch the world go by
  • to walk barefoot on the beach
  • to dance cheek-to-cheek
  • to listen to sappy songs
  • to dress up for someone special
  • to take long bubble baths
  • to walk hand-in-hand
  • to go to parties where everyone spontaneously gathers round the piano to sing
  • to watch a chick flick I've seen a hundred times...and still cry at the end
  • to talk for hours on end about anything, everything, nothing at all
  • to sit in silence in the company of good friends
  • to work complicated puzzles
  • to run
  • to daydream
  • to wear pjs
  • to make lists
  • to be in charge
  • to be heard
  • to laugh
  • to sing

No comments: