Wednesday, August 23, 2006

And So It Begins...Again

Yesterday was the first rehearsal for Sweeney Todd. The music has trickled in via email over the last week or so. I knew it was going to be challenging, but I didn't really anticipate just how challenging. Sondheim writes very difficult, albeit very beautiful, music. And it's definitely not for the faint of heart or skill. Rehearsal went well...shorter than scheduled, which meant I got to bed the same day I left home. Found out it's preferred we're off book for performance. Given the volume of music, its difficulty, and the limited rehearsal time (just 3 weeks to show), this announcement raised my anxiety level significantly. Needless to say, every spare moment over the next several weeks will be spent buried in my music. Posts are likely to be sparse.

No comments: