Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Gearing Up

Rehearsals for Kate are really gearing up. I'm a little nervous actually. The times I've sung in operas, we were much further along in staging at this point than we seem to be with Kate. Maybe it just feels like we're really far behind b/c the staging rehearsals have been so disjointed and my opera rehearsals always seemed to be in sequence. At any rate, tonight is the last night we should be covering a new scene. I still have lots of music to learn & staging to go over & over in my head. But I think I'm getting it pretty well. I'm just thankful I haven't had to do any dancing!!!

Derek's gone to Vegas for his company's nat'l sales meeting, so I'm footloose and fancy free the rest of this week & part of the weekend. I'm off Thursday & Friday, and I plan to have lots of girly me time. It's nice to have that. Tomorrow is vet day. All four kiddos need to go for one reason or another. Friday I'm getting my hair done & picking up a pair of dance shoes I ordered. Other than that, I plan to catch up on some scrapbooking & enjoy watching what I want to watch on tv.

2 comments:

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

yay for girly me time! Hey there Sus, sorry I've been "awol" on the comments here, but I've been keeping up! Hope Kate contiues to come along well for you.

Susan said...

That's okay. I've been AWOL in your comments, too, but also keeping up just the same. Kate's going well. I'll keep ya posted & will definitely post photos at some point.