Thursday, June 29, 2006

Remember That Bad Dance Audition???

Yeah, well, that lovely lady is staging a fair portion of Kate. Last night was our first staging rehearsal. Man, that woman is high strung!! And she's difficult to understand. She might be looking right at you but she's actually talking to someone else. So you think she's giving you stage direction when she's really giving it to someone two people over from you. Ugh. Hopefully, I'll get to where I have a clue what she's talking about. And I thought her dance instructions in the auditions were bad!

All in all, rehearsals are going well. Musically, I think this will be a fantastic show--the ensemble is great. As usual, the guys are a little weak. But this group has picked up quicker than some I've worked with. The second sops are a little weak, as well. But I'm sure they'll improve with time. The first sops kick butt, if I do say so myself. And I'm not just saying that b/c I'm one of them! Really, I'm not!

We've only gotten to hear a few of the principals. I reserve judgment at this point. It's still early and some just got music on Monday.

I can already tell this show is going to be exhausting, but I think it's going to be tons of fun. And, hey, I might even learn to dance!

No comments: