Thursday, May 25, 2006

Italian 101

Had my first session with our vocal/language coach last night. I had hoped to do some Italian coaching before the opera began, but unfortunately, my coach had to go back to Italy before we were able to do so. I know I have bad habits thanks in part to being Texan and to being American in general. Thankfully, I'm a chameleon when it comes to language. This is very helpful when you're learning languages b/c it means that I simply have to have someone say something to me correctly in order for me to learn it properly. I felt very encouraged after my first 1-hr session. I'll be working on my diction between now & Saturday. I hope I remember everything now that I'm working it on my own. I'll coach with my voice teacher today. Regardless, I do plan on having several more coaching sessions over the next week or two. Here's to having practically perfect Italian!

2 comments:

Renato Verdino-Fresia said...

If you come to Australia please come and coach italian with me. I am sure, I acan help you, since I coach italian with the best of the opera singers in Australia.

Susan said...

I would love to come to Australia, but alas, that's nowhere in the plans of the near future. If you have any pointers for me, I'm happy to have all I can get!