Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Definitely Crunch Time

Enjoyed a nice albeit busy weekend. I played host to my family in celebration of Mother's Day. We enjoyed an afternoon of visiting and also dinner. A nice time was had by all. I also managed to survive my first flute performance in a long while. I agreed to play a duet with our accompanist at church. All things considered, I think it went very well. We're planning to do another duet for Father's Day.

As I said in my previous post, I'm lost in the trenches of Le Nozze di Figaro. I have half of my sing-song memorized and am diligently working on the remainder. First rehearsal is Saturday. I think it's on-book, though. Have to check into that to be certain. Anyway, I still plan to have everything memorized by Saturday, just to be on the safe side. I may have a church gig tomorrow night, which means I won't have the practice time I'd planned on. But I'm really doing most of the memorization while commuting and when I get free time throughout the day. I spend the evenings in front of the piano putting pitch to rhythm. So far, so good. I think I'm going to have the most difficulty with the finale number where the principals sing together. Why? Well, let's just say I'm used to singing the top, and I'm stuck in the middle. I have a new appreciation for seconds! This part is wicked hard!

Have I mentioned how much I hate recitative? Yeah, well, I'll just say it again...I HATE RECITATIVE! But aside from that, I won't complain b/c this is my debut.

No comments: