Monday, April 03, 2006

Today's the Day

Well, today's the day of the big audition--Dallas Opera Chorus. In my mind, this is the most challenging audition namely because I find opera to be much more challenging than musical theatre. There are so many more things to think about while I'm singing; musical theatre just comes more naturally.

I have today off so that I'm well-rested and in top voice for the audition. I have a million things I could be doing, but I'm going to do my best to do non-taxing things that will leave me well-rested come day's end. My audition is not until 4 p.m., so you can see where it would be easy to do house-related things and tire myself out.

Thus far, I've worked on my two vocal resumes and read email. I'd say I'm well on my way to a restful day. I would love to finish varnishing my desk pieces, but I fear the harsh chemicals might do more harm than good. So I'll finish those when I get home from my audition. I'm excited that my office space is almost ready to be put together.

I think I'll go tackle some laundry. That shouldn't be too taxing. Then I might tackle the mound of filing that's stacked in Derek's office. I'll let you know how the audition goes.

1 comment:

Mara said...

Good luck Susan--you'll knock their socks off :)