Saturday, April 08, 2006

Off to the Races...no thanks

I am enjoying a weekend home alone while Derek is "off to the races" at Texas Motor Speedway. Mind you, he's not even a NASCAR fan. But we have a friend who rents an RV every year and buys all the tickets and then invites his friends to join him. Price of admittance: whatever's on the list Neb gives you. Derek's list: beer, grill, chips & BBQ sauce. Derek's called and given me the skinny. Apparently, it's quite the sight to behold down there. He said the people-watching in itself could be entertainment for the entire weekend. But he's already taken advantage of his pit passes and may now be a NASCAR fan.

Last night, I enjoyed cooking something just for me, watching what I wanted on TV, and surfing the web without interruption. It's nice to have "me" time every once in a while. Today's agenda--cleaning. After that, well, it will just depend on how the mood strikes me. The weather's lovely, though windy, so Dori and I may go for a walk. I have weeds to spray, but I think the wind is going to keep that on the "to-do" list. It's nice to be free to do whatever I like...or not.

4 comments:

Mara said...

Hey Sus, sounds like you're off to a good weekend! I'm hoping to stop over in Dallas sometime this summer-it would be great to have a girls' weekend with you. After all, it will take an entire weekend to catch up on everything that has gone on since we last saw one another! :)

Susan said...

MARA!!! That would be awesome. It would be even cooler if you got to see a show I'm in. You're welcome to stay with us some/all of the time you're here! We even have an extra car so no need for a rental unless you just want one. Anywho, keep me posted on your plans to visit.

Mara said...

That would be really cool! Let me know when your shows are and I'll try to get in to Dallas then.

Susan said...

Marriage of Figaro is June 22-25. Not sure about the others yet. But I should know by the end of the month.