Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Callbacks

No word from Into the Woods, so I'm making the assumption that I will not be called back for a second audition. That's okay, the audition was great experience and taught me that Sondheim pieces should not be sung as audition pieces unless you have a proficient accompanist (i.e. bring you own).

So, I prepare for my second audition for Kiss Me, Kate tonight. I'm planning to sing "Summertime" rather than singing my Oklahoma! piece again, since they've already heard it and "Summertime" exhibits my full range much better. I don't think I have to dance again, at least I hope not. I hope to be able to leave work early so I can rest before my evening audition. "Summertime" requires a fresh, rested voice.

I'll let you know when I hear something about the second audition.

3 comments:

Toph's father said...

I was doing a google search about Kiss Me Kate auditions and found your blog.
My son Chris"TOPH"er McRae just auditioned for a part in Kiss Me Kate and was accepted last Saturday. Just wondering if it was the same audition you both participated in.

Toph's father said...

I was doing a google search about Kiss Me Kate auditions and found your blog.
My son Chris"TOPH"er McRae just auditioned for a part in Kiss Me Kate and was accepted last Saturday. Just wondering if it was the same audition you both participated in.

Susan said...

I don't know. Did your son audition for the Garland Summer Musicals production of KMK? If so, then we did audition for the same show.