Monday, April 24, 2006

Administrative Professionals

For those of you who may not know, Wednesday is Administrative Professionals' Day f/k/a Secretaries' Day. If you happen to work in an office and have a secretary, you should thank her (I use the feminine since I'm speaking of myself but certainly don't intend to exclude all of the great men) for the hard work given throughout the year. Being a secretary for seven bosses, I can tell you that it's not always as easy as it looks. And even though your secretary may know that she's appreciated (because you tell her often), it's nice to acknowledge her hard work with a token of thanks.

Today, my office staff presented me with a huge bouquet of flowers (hope to post photo later), a bag of Bath & Body Works goodies, and a sizable gift card. It was way more than I expected, but it was nice to know that the staff thinks highly of me & my work.

If you appreciate your secretary, let her know. You'll be glad you did!

No comments: