Friday, March 31, 2006

Much-Anticipated Weekend

Finally...the weekend is here. For whatever reason, this week has dragged. It hasn't been eventful--just long. I have a three-day weekend to rest and prepare for my Dallas Opera Chorus audition on Monday afternoon.

I just spent an hour in the practice room. I still have much work to do before Monday, but I think I'm making great strides in incorporating the comments from NATS. Even so, I know that I can do a formidable job and impress a panel of professionals. With the tweaks suggested from my NATS panel, I can WOW the panel on Monday rather than just impressing them. Here's hoping.

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. Last weekend was very busy with NATS on Saturday and then my twin cousins' baptism on Sunday followed by dinner with the in-laws. I wasn't able to get any of my housework done, and the myriad of rehearsals this week prevented me from playing catch-up. I don't know about you, but I'm all out of sorts when my house is dirty. So....I'll spend all day tomorrow cleaning and straightening & doing the mounds of laundry. (Derek will be very happy about that.) It will be nice to have the cleaning out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend--maybe go to Dallas Blooms on Sunday after church.

Derek is finishing my desk for the craft room. Since that requires sanding and painting, I probably won't get a chance to actually move all of my scrapbooking supplies & music-related stuff out of the office. But it will be relief to have the silly thing finished since we started the project in January! Plus, I'll have my own office/craft space and he'll have his own office/gaming space. I'll post pictures when it's done.

Aside from that, he has to figure out what's wrong with the office computer (thankfully, we still have the laptop to work off of in the meantime). We thought that our monitor went caput, so we bought a new one this week--a nice 19" LCD flat-panel. Hooked it up yesterday...and nope, it's not the monitor. Bummer. So we're hoping that it's just the video card and not a problem with the hard drive itself. I have oodles of stuff NOT backed up (doesn't everyone). So he has to make a trip to Fry's (a techno geek's paradise...very dangerous to send him alone) to buy a video card.

1 comment:

Susan said...

UPDATE

It indeed was just the video card. So now the desktop is up and running & looking better than ever. Love the new monitor & cordless mouse & keyboard!