Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Whole New World

I'm no stranger to the internet. On an average day, I probably spend six hours online. Most of my surfing is work-related, but a fair portion can be attributed to personal interests. In fact, each of my animals has its own website. I am, however, quite new to the whole world of blogging.

My first true exposure to individual blogs came this past spring when a dear friend of mine moved to Philadelphia and started her own blog to keep up with friends and family here in Texas. Since then, I've been a regular visitor to Vox Vendsel and have even discovered that many more of my friends have been blogging for years.

After much thought, I've decided that I'm going to jump headfirst into this new world and see where it takes me. I have friends and family in far-away places who may enjoy visiting a blog more than they enjoying emailing. At the very least, it will be a learning experience for me.

So, here goes.

2 comments:

Mara said...

Very cool Susan! I should be working right now, but after reading your email & blog I thought I'd whip up a little blog spot, so I did! It wasn't painful at all :) This will be a fun way to talk.

I hope all is well in the DFW area!!

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Sus! I loved getting your newsy email this week, and this will be such a fun way to stay current with your happenings. Hurrah!